Saving money with the Porto. CARD? We have done the math…
Is the Porto.Card really worth buying? We’ve done the math and taken a closer look at the Porto.CARD’s price-performance ratio.
You can find our conclusion and further tips on the Porto.Card here.
What does the Porto.Card offer? Checking the value for money …
The Porto.Card includes free and unlimited use of the metro and city buses of the STCP in Porto. A day-only metro ticket (Andante Tour) costs €15 for 3 days in 2023. The Porto.Card costs €25 for 3 days, which is actually €10 more.
However, for this surcharge, you receive more than 150 additional benefits, which we have shortly summarized for you below:
- Free and unlimited use of public transportation in Porto. This includes the metro (subway – even to the airport), city buses of the bus company STCP and the suburban train on the routes to Paredes, Lousado, Vila das Aves and Paramos (Tren CP Porto Urbanos)
- Free admission to currently 7 museums and sights
- 50% discount for 16 other museums and sights
- up to 20 % discount on tours & guided visits: including excursions and boat trips on the Minho or Douro rivers; guided tours & wine tastings in the world famous Port wine cellars
- up to 20 % discount in more than 20 restaurants, bars and cafés
- up to 10% discount on admission to Fado Shows
- up to 10% discount on purchases in participating stores
- 30 % at SEA LIFE Aquarium, 35 % at World of Discoveries
- up to 76 % on parking your car / rental car
You can buy the Porto.Card online without surcharge & fees – go to the vendor here. The Porto.Card makes using local transport easy. It not only saves money, but above all time and stress. No standing in line at the ticket machine, no reading the fare regulations to find the right ticket. Especially after a long flight, there are better things to do …
Current prices (season 2023) for a Porto.CARD including local transport use:
Validity period of 1 day: 13 Euros
Validity period of 2 days: 20 Euros
Validity period of 3 days: 25 Euros
Validity period of 4 days: 33 Euros (8.25 Euros per day)
Practical: You can use the Porto.Card to take the metro to the city center free of charge after your arrival at the airport. No other ticket is necessary.
Advantage: The purchase is done via an English website. In our experience, this means fewer misunderstandings. The service, whether by mail or telephone, is of course also in English.
Further EXTRA: With the Porto.CARD you benefit from more than 150 discounts!